Blog Article

The benefits of using an infographic

The benefits of using an infographic

Date: 28th September 2016 | By: admin

Did you know that 65% of the population are visual learners? Or that 99% of all information skimmed through is filtered out immediately? Only the remaining 1% of information gets through to your readers and sticks there. Infographics are a way of making your data part of that 1%.

An infographic can tell potential customers what you do and how popular you are in a much smaller and concise space than traditional blocks of text.

In a world of instant access to information through the internet, infographics can be a quick and simple way of getting your message across to more people than ever before.

What is an ‘infographic’?

Infographics are visual representations of ideas, reports and texts condensed into a single graphic. Best used for big data, they can represent statistics, they can use quotes and present ideas in a clear, concise fashion. They can be used in print or online and can save on valuable space.

Make your information stand out

Compared with traditional blocks of text, infographics stand out and are much easier to understand. While sentence after sentence can be laborious, confusing to read and easily misunderstood, infographics can direct the reader to what you want them to read. As your brain processes text sequentially, people can only remember around 20% of what they read, at most!

A good infographic can stick in the reader’s mind. It can break free from the normal restrictions of text on screen or in print. With eye-catching colours, big numbers and stylised images, a well-designed infographic can stick in the reader’s mind.

Increase your traffic

Infographics are great online as they are concise, eye-catching and can be shared multiple times. According to the marketing blog HubSpot, an infographic is thirty times more likely to be read than an ordinary text article. This makes infographics very popular with social media users.

Infographics are an easy way of getting your message out much further than ordinary reams of text. While they can be embedded in your website, they can also be shared, tweeted or emailed along with their weblinks. With 1.38 billion regular Facebook users and 284 million on Twitter, this is a lucrative area to take advantage of. With 60% of social media content using an original visual, a good, well-designed infographic can stand out.

Spread your message

If they do stand out, they can go viral, which means they can be rapidly shared on a variety of social media outlets around the globe, potentially reaching millions. Even if your infographic doesn’t go viral, it could still be picked up by journalists, blogs and other internet users. If they give you credit, it can lead to even more traffic to your website and spread your brand awareness much further afield.

But they aren’t only useful online, they can be effective in print media too. In newspapers, newsletters, leaflets and flyers, infographics can be eye-catching ways to stop the reader turning the page or dropping your flyer in the bin.

In short, a good infographic can be invaluable. It can condense a great deal of information into a small and memorable graphic which can be shared countless times around the globe, directing scores of readers to what you want them to know.

If you want more advice about infographics, speak to one of our graphic designers today on 01792 825624