Our backup email or secondary mx services will temporarily store your incoming email in the event of your primary mail server becoming unavailable. Having a backup MX server gives these emails another route by which to reach you.
A primary email server can be unavailable for a number of reasons: -
- Temporary routing problems can mean your mail cannot reach your primary mail server directly;
- The primary mail server may have crashed;
- The primary mail server may be busy and unable to accept new emails;
- Its Internet connection may be down or saturated.
There are a number of reasons a primary email server can fail and utilising backup MX services means in such an event, your mail will be temporarily diverted and stored on our backup mail servers.
What we offer
Starting at just £45+VAT per year we can provide backup email services that ensure there is always an email server available and capable of accepting and storing your important email.
Benefits of our backup email services:
- Superfast setup - you can be running within hours.
- Our server is located in a secure, state-of-the-art data centre.
- Regular system backups using award winning software.
- Retains emails for upto 3 days whilst your primary server is offline.
- Delivers spooled emails as soon as your primary mail server is back online.
- Anti-Spam filtering included.
- Accepts mail for existing users only to prevent unwanted spam.
How to order
To enquire about our backup email services please call us on 01792 814762 or request a quote.